Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The End of an Era.


Tonight marks the final episode of The Hills. I feel so grown up right now, it's almost unreal. It seems like just the other day we were in Middle School watching Kristen & LC battle it out over their high school crush, Stephen. Tonight at ten, it's over. As they say on The Hills, this marks "the end of an era.” Normally I don't really get upset, or even think about it whenever a show is over. But, this is The Hills. I feel like I've grown up with the cast, like I share some sort of creepy bond with the show. It's odd, I know.

 Laguna Beach has been over for quite a while, and now The Hills will be history as well. Not only that, but Toy Story too. We grew up with Toy Story, and now Andy decides that it is time to become all grown up and go off to college? Is this really happening? Just the other day he was in elementary school! I'm sure there will be another reality show to try to take over the legacy that Lauren began, and there will be another movie where toys come to life. But honestly, is anything really ever as good as the original? I normally have a hard time with remakes. As you can probably tell, I do not do well with change. No one can every replace my Hills, or my Toy Story.

I feel like The Hills coming to an end has shed some light on many different situations. Everyone is going off to college, getting real jobs, going into the military, and going off into the real world. Everyone is growing up. I knew it was coming, I expected every bit of it. But when it actually happens, it hits you like a ton of bricks. I am beyond happy for everyone who is getting out of this small town, and becoming something more than what Titusville had in store for them. It's awesome. But then again, it is so weird to think that just a few years ago the people that you slept next to during nap time are now living by themselves in strange, unfamiliar places, really making something out of their lives.

Just a few years ago, the most complicated thing that you had to worry about was whether or not you were coloring inside the lines. Now, the list of worries is endless. The freedom is like a giant adrenaline rush. In the end, the few friendships that constantly refuse to be broken are worth every second of drama, and every single tear that was shed. The relationships you make now will last a lifetime. The decisions you make at the moment, will determine who you want to be, who you claim to be, and who you really are in the future. Never change for other people, always be yourself.  You cannot live your life for other people; you have to live for you. Things will always change, people will always get older, but the things and the people that matter the most will always be there at the end of the day. Growing up is difficult, but it is the most astonishing experience you will ever have. Just take everything one step at a time, and enjoy the ride.  

And, I’m glad that I got the opportunity to grow up while watching Laguna Beach, The Hills, and Toy Story Programs like these teach people that it is okay to be yourself, it’s okay to be different, it’s okay to be you. They had a nice run, but now it’s time to move on to bigger and better things. <3 

Good luck everyone!

XoXo -Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment