Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's crazy how time flies...


I’m sure you have heard the saying “time flies when you’re having fun.” The older I get, the more I realize that time in general, just flies. You don’t even have to be having fun; the clock just seems to be ticking faster, and faster with each second that goes by. Maybe it just speeds up when we’re not looking…who knows. Time really doesn’t stop for anyone does it? I am honestly starting to believe that the days are getting shorter each year. No one told me it was going to be like this when you grow up. By the time I’m 50, it’s going to seem like there’s only five minutes left in the day. Jeeeesh. I hope I don’t have a busy schedule!
I really started to notice the time slipping in May. I was finishing everything up for senior year, finishing virtual school, graduating, and I had family in town. It was hard to even find a second to breathe and reflect on my day. I thought that was bad…
Then there was yesterday. I was sitting on the couch with absolutely nothing to do. I realized I hadn’t taken many pictures since we had gotten back from our vacation in Cocoa. I asked Cassidy if she wanted to go and take a few shots before the sun went down, of course she agreed.
When I uploaded the pictures I was shocked. Oftentimes I say that Cassidy is nine years old, I know she’s not… but it always slips out. I guess subconsciously I want her to be nine forever, maybe that was a good year for us. I’m not really positive why this happens. Anyways, the girl in these pictures looked like she could have been my age. Where in the world did my little eleven year old go!?  It feels like just last week I was pinching her chubby cheeks, admiring her cute little giggle. And now, in two weeks she will be in sixth grade. I really don’t know where all the time has gone.
Just this morning my 13 year old brother was asking me questions about what he should expect when he starts middle school in a few weeks. Later, when we were washing dishes I noticed that he was just a smidgen shorter than I am. I’d bet that he is going to be about two inches taller than me by Christmas.
Yesterday I had plans to go to the beach with my boyfriend, but my dad told me that I should invite my sister to tag-along. When I asked him why, he brought something extremely important to my attention. After this summer, nothing will ever be the same. Soon I will be moving away for college and everything will change. It’s not like when I move out I’m going to disown my family, but everything is going to be extremely different. I’m not going to wake up every morning and speak in a French accent with my sister, or come home and talk about “creepers” with my brother.  After this summer, it will never be like this anymore. It’s sad, I’m definitely going to miss it.
Ahhh, it’s just crazy to sit back and consider how much things have changed, and how quickly. This year I will be starting college, my brother will be starting middle school, and my sister will be graduating elementary school. It’s mind boggling. If this is taking such a toll on me, I wonder how my parents feel about all of this. I don’t know what I am going to do when I have children. Chances are that I will be a complete mess. I can truthfully say, I am totally, 100% excited to see what the future has in store for everyone. I know we will all achieve great things one day. Life is certainly crazy, but entirely worth it all…all of the growing up, breaking up, making up, and everything in-between. Be sure to stay true to yourself, and just have faith. <3
XoXo
-Sadie

2 comments:

  1. wait, where are you going away to college?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orlando or Jacksonville. I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm just finishing up my AA here. I took a few classes while I was in high school and I'm taking 15 credit hours this semester so it shouldn't be too long :(

    ReplyDelete