Monday, August 9, 2010

The Best Days of Your Life


Everything is finally falling into place. As always, there are a few missing pieces to the crazy, confusing puzzle that I call life. But, everything is going unusually nice and smooth.
This weekend my best friend and I decided to end the summer by escaping Titusville for a few days and taking a mini-vacation to Gainesville. It was completely fabulous to be able to go out into the world on our own and do whatever we wanted to do, whenever we wanted to do it. It was our first “adult” vacation with each other. I felt like we were Laverne and Shirley out on a mission to conquer the world. We spent most of the weekend in the water, and watching movies. I got to go to the springs for the very first time, and we got to go to one of our favorite places, Zaxby’s (twice!) Of course, we gossiped and talked about all of the other things that teenage girls are concerned with. It was incredible. We had a wonderful time, with wonderful people. There are so many memories from this weekend that I will never, ever forget. Honestly, this weekend was the icing on the cake for a perfect summer. I don’t even care how the next week turns out, my summer was everything I could ask for and then some.

School starts in exactly one week. It felt bizarre not going to school today with my brother and sister. All day I’ve felt like I had just skipped the first day of school. It’s just not the same, not going to school for the first week while your teachers read you the same rules over, and over, and over again. Wow. Who knew that the little things that used to aggravate you the most during high school would be the things that you missed the most after you graduated?
But, I am more than thrilled to begin the next chapter in my life. Everything is in line for school. I get the money from my grants next month, and hopefully I will be getting a car very soon. I’m even taking a photography class this semester! I am eager to see how everything turns out.
I hope that everyone is having a great summer as well. Enjoy it while it lasts, these are the best days of your life (:
XoXo
-Sadie

No comments:

Post a Comment