Monday, August 16, 2010

school.




This morning at 10:49 summer was officially over. As much as I want to be sad about that, I really can’t find it in me. I had a wonderful summer; it was truly the best one yet. And the thing is, I know that next summer is going to be even better than this one. So as much as it kills me, I’m totally excited for everything that’s in store for me and there isn’t one ounce of sadness running through my mind.
Today I learned that I am taking four “Gordon Rule” classes, which means that I will be writing a minimum of 12,000 words before December. I feel like I should be sad about that too, but I actually feel no remorse. I would love to write a book one day, so I feel like this is just a great chance to get some extra practice and maybe even expand my vocabulary while I'm at it.
I have a good feeling about school this year. I really love my schedule (there are more days in my weekends than in the week.) And, everything is just going the way it should. I know this semester is only the first step towards my future, but I am beyond excited. I really feel like I’m doing something amazing for myself just by going to school. Hah, I never in a million years would have imagined myself saying that…
In addition to this whole self-fulfilling prophecy kick that I am on, I’ve finally decided where I want to go to school. I’ve known for a while now that I was just going to get my AA from a Community College to save money. But, I didn’t really have too many details planned out on life after receiving my AA. I was considering UNF, but they don’t have many classes to offer. So then I decided UCF must be the next best thing, but to be completely honest…. Orlando drives me insane. Don’t get me wrong, it is a very nice place to visit, and you would never run out of things to do. But honestly, is it worth getting gray hair for? I’ve always said that “if you need a drivers license, and you can’t drive, just go to Orlando because apparently the DMVs in Orange County just hand license out like candy.” And, there’s just so much crime there, I really cannot picture myself living in Orlando.  It’s just not me.
Last week my best friend and I went to Gainesville. While we were there, of course we visited “The Swamp.” It was crazy how almost everything in the entire city was blue & orange. They even had a blue and orange McDonalds. You could just tell how passionate everyone was about the Gators, it wasn’t just a college, it was more like a lifestyle for them.  I honestly felt out of place in the mall, just because I didn’t have on any sort of blue or orange. Seeing the dedication, loyalty, and of course looking at the campus for a brief second made me realize how amazing the University of Florida really seems. I’ve looked it up online, and after hours and hours of researching, it sounds like a wonderful place to go. I think it would be amazing to be a part of something so big, and so amazing. They also have a wonderful law school, which would really help in becoming a lawyer. (And better yet, the layer from Morgan & Morgan even went there)
I know that it’s only the first day of school, but it feels good to have a plan. I feel like Titusville just has nothing left to offer me anymore. Day by day more and more stores are closing, and the people are getting creepier by the second. I’m excited to move onto bigger and better things, and see what else is out there besides Titusville.
I hope everyone has a great week!
XoXo
-Sadie

2 comments:

  1. Keep your head up, and things will work out for you Sadie. Good luck with your future and there's always more life around the corner.
    Scott(Shelby's cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are going well, good luck to you too! (:

    ReplyDelete